Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Quotes

I love quotes. I love quips. I love it when they are in different fonts and colors. I love them so much I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated just to quotes and quips. It is very full! In fact it has over 400 pins! (Have I mentioned I am a Pinterest junkie as well?)

This morning as I was scrolling through Facebook, as is my customary habit every morning, I happened upon a quote by Charles Swindoll. It perfectly sums up what I have been saying to myself for a little over a week now and I just have to share it.



So I got to thinking about why I love quotes and short sayings so much. And I have made a decision. It is because I have a slight case of ADD. My brain, at times, can only handle a little at a time before it gets derailed and moves on. So, at times, like these wee hours of the morning, I do better with snippets of wisdom instead of deep, meditative portions of literature or non-fiction. 

These short and sweet sayings stick with me throughout the day and I attempt to repeat them to myself and, on occasion, my co-workers just because they are meaningful. Some are light-hearted and fun, while others, like the one above, remind me that I have purpose here on earth. And as long as I draw breath I have the opportunity to facilitate hope for those that hurt. Because, as a child of the Heavenly Father, I am called to share that hope that I have been given.

I just remembered something. As a teenager I had a friend who collected snippets and lines from books that he was reading in notebook that always kept in his shirt pocket. What an interesting idea! Couldn't he just have pinned it? Oh, I forgot. When I was a teenager, computers and internet were still a thing of the future. 

Until next time, may you find a snippet, a quip, a meme, or a quote and let it set with you throughout the day - until another one comes along and derails the first. 

Your friend,
Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment