Friday, January 1, 2016

My "Why"

This morning, the first day of 2016, I woke with a sense of purpose. And not just trying to be quiet and not wake up the guys so I can have as much quiet time to myself as possible. I watched a video that was linked to a newsletter and it sparked something in me that I think I have been missing. That is what made today different.

Maybe you would like to watch it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMOlfsR7SMQ

To summarize, Simon Sinek states that in order for you to get people to "buy into" whatever you have to offer, you have to get them to invest in the "why" of what you do what you do.

So in the spirit of it being a new year, I am going to do a few things that I HATE to do - make some new year's resolutions. I honestly have no earthly idea how long I will be able to keep these ideas fresh in my mind, but I wanted to share ONE of them with you because I want you to hear my "why."

Oops, I am getting ahead of myself, sorry.

Lately I have been trying to "narrow" my field of topics when I write. There are just so many topics that I like. How can I pick just one? Here are just a few things: reading, writing, cooking, baking, crocheting, travel, things about Germany, things about Italy, shoes, organizing (all taken from my Pinterest boards). There is such a difference in each one and I have been told that I need to narrow down my filed in order to reach a wider field of readers. "Well," says my inner child, "I don't wanna! They are all my favorites!" And after listening to Simon Sinek in that video, I realize now that I really don't have to. And THAT makes me a little giddy inside. Why? Because I CAN do it all, I just need to figure out why. And I got it!!!!

Here it is....

I want to, in all I write - whether about family, love, food, self-discovery, travel - help others to discern for themselves their own journey and self-discoveries in those areas.

So, what do you think? I want to be transparent here. I am laying it out there for you to hold me accountable. Has anything I have written, either in my blog or my excerpt from my story "helped" you in any way? Has it sparked in you an "Ah-ha" moment? Has anything made you want to know more about yourself, about others? If so, please post a comment below.

Thanks. And until I share another piece of my soul...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Petra

3 comments:

  1. As someone who has had different types of hurts in my past, it helps to know what you have gone through and how you are overcoming and have already overcome many of your trials through your relationship with Jesus. I am then able to give others going through similar things more hope knowing that I have a friend who has been there and is moving on. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so reassuring to know that others struggle in this world. Sometimes we wrongfully believe our hurts to the the only ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete