Friday, July 10, 2015

All for You, My Lord

This morning while I was getting cleaned up and listening to my Pandora, a song came on that I had heard many times, but a phrase stood out to me like it never had before: "All for you, God." I got to really meditating on that phrase. "Do I say those words?" "What so those words truly mean?" "Are they biblical?" 

Some analytical thinkers cannot comprehend the words I am about to say, but I "felt" the Lord speaking to my heart. He assured me of a few things and reminded me of others. All of which happened in a few seconds, I am sure. Nevertheless, my spirit was at peace with the words that I heard."I have allowed you to go through all you have gone through and all you are going to go through for one reason - to help others." Well, the Lord has definitely given me a heart for hurting women! I cannot count the number of times my heart ached when I was talking with a friend, acquaintance, or even someone on social media, when told of a problem or situation. And combine that love for hurting women with my love for writing, and VIOLA I have a way to reach out!


He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
                                                                2 Corinthians 1:4 (NLT)

So, if I have to go through struggle in order to better understand my sisters and by my suffering am able to offer comfort in any way, then I will gladly avail myself to my Lord.

"All I am for you, oh Lord"

So, look for the next time I will pour out my heart. I will be sharing my struggles openly, in an effort to be transparent to you. I want you to know that, although they may not be the EXACT struggles, I do want to be there for you and offer you understanding, hope, and encouragement. 

Your sister in this journey,

Petra


No comments:

Post a Comment